Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...

Subject: Re: [OM] Be careful what you wish for...
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 21:17:17 EST
fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< After just a few hours with this body I
 have come to loathe it. The problem is the ergonomics
 (or "handling", as photo types call it.) Although it seems
 OK when you first pick it up, a collection of small things
 add up to a camera which is very unpleasant to use.

Let me get this straight- you bought a camera- any camera without checking it
out or reading up on it (features, etc.) first.

You found ELEVEN things "wrong" with the design and ergonomics of a camera
that is almost universally hailed for its design and ergonomics.

To dismiss this or ANY camera because things like the + and - display in your
opinion is not logically placed, without trying to get used to these things
first is a bit premature.   You certainly spent a lot of time to pick apart-
"trash" the camera. How much time did you spend attempting to get used to it?
Sounds like not much.

OK, it IS possible that this camera is not your cup of tea. Why trash it so on
this very mailing list? Do you expect sympathy or support from us? Are we
supposed to hit ourselves in the forehead and say "Of course! we've all been
wrong for all these years!"

I rather believe that either you are purposely trying to be funny, or you are
a very ill person who needs psychiatric help immediately.

George S.