Re: [OM] Re: OM-system lens handbook

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM-system lens handbook
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 02:10:42 EST
Cc: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Hans:

I'm sure than John H. could give us more particulars about the evolution of
the Sales Information File, but meanwhile:

There were periodic additions sent to Olympus dealers, hence the looseleaf
format.  The placement of the OM-10 pages seem to represent a transition
between my 1982 (dated, as per your October 1979 copy) top tabbed copy and my
1987-88 (undated) side tabbed copy.  Yup, it kind of looks like they didn't
initially know where to put the amateur cameras.

More often than not, these books have been tossed out by shop owners after
discontinuing the Olympus line!  Current value is $78, making these the second
most expensive OM literature item, after The Olympus OM Way ($150).

I love to get a copy of the 28mm f/3.5 and 200mm f/5 pages, if possible.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV