[OM] Ni-Cd Pack fetaures

Subject: [OM] Ni-Cd Pack fetaures
From: "Chmielewski, Artur" <AChmielewski@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:21:12 +0100
Hallo again!
Recently I converted the old, malfunctioned M.15V Ni-Cd into Ni-MH pack
using Varta batteries (thanx for zuiko.com for great advises!). All works
great, but unfortunately only indoor :-(
Going outdoor in my cold country (Poland) causes the immediate battery
exhation. I'm even not able to finish one roll! Is it typical, that NiMH
batteries are so temperature sensitive? What about original Ni-Cd pack? I've
heard a lot of bad things about Ni-Cd (e.g. charge memory), but why actually
are they so popular as proffesional energy source? What about Ni-Cd in low
temperatures? I'm considering buying the Ni-Cd pack & charger. Does it make
any sense?
Best regards,
Artur