Re: [OM] Ni-Cd Pack fetaures

Subject: Re: [OM] Ni-Cd Pack fetaures
From: "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:08:39 -0800
Artur,
  You would probibly be better advised to get a Relay Cord 1.2m.  That
way you could keep the power pack next to your body for warmth.  Also,
it should be much less expensive and more effective as I believe almost
all power packs suffer severe degradation as the temperature approaches
freezing and below.  It doesn't matter wether it's Nicad or NMh (or
alkiline for that matter).  Using the Relay Cord 1.2m, you can find a
good use for the M18v power pack also as it fits well into an inside
pocket and gives you the extra voltage and current potential.  I used
this in Northern Michigan and it worked fine.  This type of motordrive
use does put a lot of extra strain on the camera though.
Rand E.