RE: [OM] Saab's and OM's (was: Has the time come for the unthinkable?)

Subject: RE: [OM] Saab's and OM's (was: Has the time come for the unthinkable?)
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 18:42:37 +0100
-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Till: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: den 13 december 1998 16:41

>If I may add some:
>
>The IS-L B macro converter is indeed for 55mm filter thread lenses.
>Together with both which Foxy owns, there are exactly three types for
>the IS 1,2,3 (or 1000,2000,3000).
>The one you have seen is the most expensive of the three. I don't know
>what a Krona is worth, but the used value of a  mint IS-L B macro
>would be Euro 85-110 ($100-130).
>
>I don't know if other have been made for the IS 10,20 (100,200)....
>
>Frank van Lindert
>Utrecht NL

Thanks. I believe 1 $ is about 8 SEK and 1 ecu is about 9.50 SEK, so 295 SEK
would mean about 37 $ or 31 ecu. I guess this is quite cheap if the condition
is what they say (near mint). I only hope it comes with the diffuser and
manual.
Seems as if this dealer Scandinavian Photo (
http://www.scandinavianphoto.se/index.htm ) counts the whole Olympus IS system
as a compact camera system, and therefore it is priced accordingly. I will call
them first thing tomorrow.

I don´t think there is any wide or macroconverters for the smaller IS series.
BTW, anyone knows the difference between the Rc-100 and Rc-200 remote controls
for the IS system? AFAIK the Rc-200 is weather-proof and works with IS-10/IS-20
(100/200). I also seem to remember that the battery cannot be replaced in
Rc-100, which means it only has a 5 year lifetime. If the battery can be
replaced in Rc-200 (and it works with the IS-3000 as well) it might be a better
buy.

Per Nordenberg