RE: [OM] Saab's and OM's (was: Has the time come for the unthinkable?)

Subject: RE: [OM] Saab's and OM's (was: Has the time come for the unthinkable?)
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 12:07:44 +0100
-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Scj9000@xxxxxxx <Scj9000@xxxxxxx>
Till: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: den 12 december 1998 23:52
Ämne: Re: [OM] Has the time come for the unthinkable?

>Jeez Ken..what a hard thing to do...i get so sentimentally attached to my
>cameras that it's hard to part with them (same with auto...my 1986 Saab 900
>has 245,000 miles and going strong...)
>
>Susan

Hey Susan, this is the first time in this list I´ve seen someone admit to
driving a Saab. I´ve always (well, almost any way) driven Saab's and I´ve just
bought a nice black 1989 900 16v , but it seems as if I cannot part with my old
1980 900 Turbo. Perhaps I´ll keep it for my 17 year old son to drive, although
a 145 hp Turbo perhaps isn´t quite the best vehicle for a young driver, is it?
I´ve always liked the old 900 for it´s timeless design and it´s good behaviour
in both summer and winter conditions. Maybe I am old fashioned and conservative
and perhaps that´s also why I still hang on to my old OM gear, but this is the
way I am.
BTW, I know there was a nickname for the old Saab 96 V4 in the US ("Snoopy" was
it?), but is there one for the old 900 as well?

Next year I will visit Germany with some friends and look for war museums and
memorial places (Gedänknisstätte?) before they disappear all together. Anyone
having a tip? I´ve been to Ravensburger north of Berlin (terrible place) and
the old rocket base at Peenemünde in the northeast Germany, and this was was
very interesting. Perhaps there are more places like this. This is all part of
our history and I think we cannot allow it to be forgotten. I´ll bring my
IS-3000 gear (G40, wide and tele adapters) and probably also my OM-2SP with my
28-48/4 zoom and a couple of super tele lenses (300/4.5, Sigma 600/8). I´ve
found the excellent spot metering of the OM-2SP to be very useful with those
tele lenses.

BTW, there was a small discussion a while ago on the IS macroconverters (which
can be used in the OM system as well), and I´ve just found a used
macroconverter B L (?) for 295 SKR on the net. Condition is 4 in a scale 1-4
(with 4 being near mint). I´m a little confused though. What´s a B L converter?
How many different types and sizes of IS macroconverters are there? Thanks in
advance.

Per Nordenberg
Sweden