Re: [OM] bracketing was response to my filter questions....

Subject: Re: [OM] bracketing was response to my filter questions....
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 16:47:01 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Denton Taylor wrote:

> >>Why the moral judgement on
> bracketing ? Very strange. >>
>
> It's a philosophy. A way of life. Don't waste. Do it right the first time.
> Learn the craft. Less is more.

  I am not wasteful. I can easily nail a shot with speed, elegance, and
color that would amaze you. It's just righteousness, asserting that your
way is better and condemning what others do.

> Some people get off on not bracketing, some get off on finding all their
> gear at garage sales :-)

   Mr. Taylor, you presume a lot. I bought 5 OM bodies and 11 lenses
brand-new. Yes, I regularly buy stuff used, but then, that is to recycle
the hardware, and surely someone as concerned about waste as yourself
would approve, no ?
 I have to admit that never did I imagine the outright hostility people
would evince simply because of a mere technical difference. Just the mere
awareness that standards for ISO for film manufacturing are +- 1/3rd stop,
(for a given batch, which is why you SHOULD test the batch too) and that
the same goes for labs, should tell you that exposure is hardly
an anal retentive's wet dream. What you think you're pinning down may be
more elusive than you think.
                                       Wasting my time,
                                         *= Doris Fang =*