Re: [OM] E-bay bargains

Subject: Re: [OM] E-bay bargains
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 13:33:13 -0500
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 11:20:22 EST you write:
>Hi Patrick:
>
>> As a result things frequently
>>  sell for more than they would by any other legitimate means.
>
>Hum?  As a long time observer of pricing, I would tend to say that ebay is an
>evolving venue unto itself.  Regarding *selling* prices on average, it *has
>been* lower than camera shows and non-advertising camera shops, much lower

Not compared to prices around here.  The used camera stores here (Hunt's
and some others) sell things much lower than they go on EBay, and
prices at the PHSNE camera shows (2/year) are also much lower than
EBay's typical prices.  I have never considered EBay a place where
values could be found.  I also do quite a bit of business with Charlotte
Camera Brokers, and their prices are really good, too.  I think it just
depends on where you live and what you are looking for.

Cheers,
--Lee