Re: [OM] E-bay bargains

Subject: Re: [OM] E-bay bargains
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 11:20:22 EST
Hi Patrick:

> As a result things frequently
>  sell for more than they would by any other legitimate means.

Hum?  As a long time observer of pricing, I would tend to say that ebay is an
evolving venue unto itself.  Regarding *selling* prices on average, it *has
been* lower than camera shows and non-advertising camera shops, much lower
than advertising camera shops and probably bears no correlation to sales among
individuals.  It will be interesting to see how this evolves.

Funny how no one mentioned the behind the scene offers.  There is a commerce
in goods among the also ran bidders and folks who are willing to sell to them
for a quick turnaround (i.e., not having to go through the photographing of
goods, description preparation, and commission to ebay).  That is going to
keep prices lower on ebay - mark my word.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV