Re: [OM] Benbo tripods - which?

Subject: Re: [OM] Benbo tripods - which?
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 17:07:38 +0000
>I would welcome any views or opinions on the Treker vs the No. 1.
>
>Would the Treker handle a 300mm in a light breeze?

Without the centre column extension, I guess so.   The trekker is quite a
bit lighter than the Mk1, and there is a fair bit of movement when it's at
max height.  I hang the camera bag or a rucsac under the centre to help
stabilise it, though this is more of a problem with a light camera & lens in
windy conditions or on rough ground.  Try before you buy, if possible.

Simon E.