Re: [OM] Tripod heads and quick release

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripod heads and quick release
From: GPaul64@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 05:36:06 EST
In a message dated 11/8/98 3:59:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, jans@xxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< >...The RRS plates... mount flush
 >and very solidly to my 4t's.   They do not interfere at all with the
operation
 >of the DOF buttons.  They also have a small lip on the edge to prevent
 >twisting on the camera body - very nice...

 Have you used these with different accessories, such as motor drives, 250
 film back, tripod rings, and bellows? I've seen photos of them, and while
 the "lip" is a great idea for a body, it would seem to limit the plate's
 use on other accessories.

I have used the plate with the tripod rings of my 300 4.5 and they cause no
problem.      The plate mounts to the bottom my winder II so that doesn't
cause problems either. Other accessories such as the 250 back and bellows I
don't have so I can't say.   The back edge of the plate extends only about
1/16 inch past the bottom edge, which is almost flush with the film "box top
holder" on the back of my 4ti, and 1/16 inch up the body to provide the lip.
With this description, maybe someone else could say whether it would interfere
with other accessories.

Regards,

Greg Logiodice
Nyack, NY