Re: [OM] Tripod heads and quick release

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripod heads and quick release
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 19:29:00 -0600
Someone else who thinks highly of Really Right Stuff is Philip Greenspun.
Check out his stuff on tripods and Q/R gear at http://www.photo.net/photo/.

Regards,

Mahlon

Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 02:55:41 +1100
From: Dr Peter Gilbert <peterg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [OM] Tripod heads and quick release

(major snip)

I recently received a copy of a great catalogue from a company called
Really Right Stuff and was very impressed (visit their www site
http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/ and ask for a copy - mine arrived in Aust
within a week!). The US list members probably know all about this company,
but I hadn't really ever heard of them. They do customised quick release
plates that work with the (mega expensive but brilliant) Arca Swiss heads.
They also make a thing called a B-2 Clamp, which allows you to mount an AS
style (ie channel/groove) quick release onto a 3/8 inch thread (ie the neck
that sticks up out of the ball part of the ball/socket head).They describe
a way of removing (using an Allen hex key) the hex-plate superstructure of
the Bogen heads to fit this B-2 clamp. You can then buy specific quick
release plates for each make/model of body, lens, bellows etc.  This means
if you have a small body, you buy a small plate, large lens, large plate.
Brilliant. The catalogue mentions Oly bodies and lenses and the 65-116 Tele
Auto tube and the appropriate plates to fit, even though the catalogue is
mostly N*k*n and C*n*n.

(ditto snip)

peter