Re: [OM] OT

Subject: Re: [OM] OT
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 11:11:32 EST

<< A friend told me I can use Vivitar lenses on my OM4Ti as these lenses have
 the same 3 lug mount as Zuiko lenses.
 Is this guy really a friend?
 cheers,
 RK

Maybe, it depends on the lens.  The OM4s have a plastic reset button on the
lens mount.  If the screws on the third party lens aren't in the right places,
you can shear off the reset pin on your OM4T.  My Vivitar Series 1 35-85 has
the screws epoxied over because of this.  None of my other Series 1 or any
other third party lens does this unfriendly trick however.

Warren