Re: [OM] To John H. / 1987 4T vs 1998 4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] To John H. / 1987 4T vs 1998 4Ti
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 21:30:18 +0100
Denton Taylor wrote:

> That's interesting. You're saying the the 3TI has a better surface
> treatment than the 4TI? I hadn't heard that before, but, OTOH, for the
> price difference, I suppose it should...
>
> Regards,
>
> Denton Taylor
> _______________________________
> Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com

Hi Denton,

It looks much more solid than the paint on the 4Ti. My guess is that
it is as strong as the traditional chrome surface. While I will
not do something potentially destructive to it on purpose, I did happen
to nick my 3Ti with the sharp tip of a pair of scissors the other
day. Not a scratch! Add to that that the surface has a beautiful
silk-like dark grey finish. Much more attractive than the black
paint on the 4Ti, but awfully expensive. The only reason I have it
is that I got an extremely good deal on it bundled with a 90mm
macro (approx $1200 off the list price). I could not resist that.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://isa.dknet.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"