Re: [OM] To John H. / 1987 4T vs 1998 4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] To John H. / 1987 4T vs 1998 4Ti
From: "R. Lee Hawkins" <lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 21:26:24 -0500
Cc: lhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your message dated: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 21:10:52 EST you write:
>Hi Denton:
>
>> You're saying the the 3TI has a better surface
>>  treatment than the 4TI?
>
>That has been mentioned in some of the published camera reviews, as well as
>one place on the WWW which reported on torture testing of various pro level
>camera bodies.  Note that the OM-4 has the traditional black paint on aluminum
>alloy which wears better, although nowhere as well as good old "chrome."
>Finally, there was the original "champagne" OM-4T without paint.  I'm rather
>attracted to that one, myself.

Humm... I was under the impression that the "champagne" version did have
some kind of paint or surface coating (that is, it isn't bare Ti).  I've
seen quite a few examples that at least look like they have a coating
that has worn off around the strap mount points.  Or is that just a
clear varnish over the Ti?

Cheers,
--Lee