Re: [OM] To John H. / 1987 4T vs 1998 4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] To John H. / 1987 4T vs 1998 4Ti
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 13:33:58 EST
Hi All,
Before this post gets off too far.  Let me say, we all know (or should) that
there are no additional "FEATURES" added to the Newest1998 4Ti version verses
the older 1987 Champaign 4T version.
My question is; (from someone really in the know).  Has Olympus made any
internal improvements, ie. circuit board or anything else to the newest
models?
Someone indicated that the 4T was offered in the US (or North America) and it
is/was the same camera as the 4Ti offered (at the same time)? in Europe/Aisa.
I would think the (i) indicates an "improved" version of the 4T.  If this is
correct.  What are the improvements?
I have been wanting to buy one more "NEW" body before Oly dries up.  I have
just about convinced myself to go with a new 4Ti.  I have 2 4T Champaign
bodies now, but they are at least 10 years old, hence my concern.
If there are no internal improvements of the new versus the old, then the only
advantage is age and condition.
Thanks,
BW

 j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<< Buddy Walters wrote:
 >I find it hard to believe Olympus had no improvements from the 1987 4T to
 the
 >1998 OM4Ti version?
 >John, are the parts sheets the same?
 >Any improvements?
 >SKEPTICAL-- BW

 Buddy, excuse me for jumping in here. But I'll go you one better. If you
 don't count the new style circuitry needed to fix Olympus's original
 screw-ups, the only improvements between the original 1984 OM-4 and the 1998
 OM-4Ti are a titanium skin (questionable value), and the ability to use the
 F280 flash (which was originally designed for use with the OM-77 autofocus
 SLR). Also remember that the OM-4Ti was released in 1987. Talk about sitting
 on your laurels.

 Regards,
 John Austin >>