Re: [OM] To John H. / 1987 4T vs 1998 4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] To John H. / 1987 4T vs 1998 4Ti
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 22:48:49 EST
Hi Lars,
Do you have any references when the 4Ti Black was introduced in Europe?
Our USA "McBrooms Camera Bluebook Ed. 1995-96" clearly states the 4T "Chrome"
or Champagne was introduced in 1987.  While the 4T "Black" was introduced in
1990.  No mention of the 4Ti.  But I think B&H of New York did not offer the
4Ti until about 1995 or 96.
BW

lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<< The first time I ever heard of the OM4T was when I joined this list.
 That caused some confusion on my part, until I realized that it was
 an alias for the OM4Ti, which was well known on this (the European)
 side of the pond. In other words: No improvement, just a marketing
 decision. That being said, I would expect that the current OM4Ti has
 had whatever design flaws it may have had ironed out by now.

 BTW, the OM4Ti BLACK, as they call it now, has one problem: It will not
 stay black, unless you pamper it to the point where it is useless (IMHO).
 It really should have the surface treatment used for the 3Ti, which is
 much more rugged. An OM4Ti being used will look it. This may be considered
 an advantage if you happen to prefer the battered look :-)

 Regards
 Lars >>