Re: [OM] mouths and money

Subject: Re: [OM] mouths and money
From: duncanm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:46:41 +1000

Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 16/10/98 09:20:57

Please respond to olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:    (bcc: Duncan McRae/QSA/AU)

Gary Schloss spake thusly:
] >> Jim Loudon wrote:
] >>
] >> [snip]
] >> >Olympus seems to have placed the OM system on a remote
] >> >island, so to speak, and islands are evolutionary dead
] >> >ends.
] >>
] >Gary Schloss wrote:
] >>
] >> Great analogy, Jim.  However, islands are also perfect
] >> habitats for preserving "endangered species", and as far
] >> as I'm concerned, the OM system is uniquely qualified
] >> to represent a photogear species defined as: "high-quality,
] >> comprehensive, and affordable modular 35mm SLR cameras".
] >> Sadly, this fabled category is nearing extinction.
] George Anderson wrote:
] >To continue the analogy, over time the OM system has/will
] >evolve in a different way than any other system because of its
] >island-like insularity.  So perhaps the Galapagos Turtle is an
] >appropriate mascot/symbol?
] Hmm, I'd rather choose the kangaroo to represent the camera's
] unique and ingeneous design, as well as handling speed, or the
] koala bear -- to represent the OM system "cuteness", combined
] with the bad temper of its owners. :-)

  Or, to continue the unique Australian fauna analogy further,
maybe something more along the lines of a monotreme: an egg-laying
mammal. Uniquely adapted to its environment

Platypus, anyone?

     duncan