Re: [OM] New OM Cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] New OM Cameras
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:03:03 -0500
>Sorry, I made a mistake here. I didn't mean to say that a Nikon F5 is a
>P & S camera. I'd term it more as a "capture the spur of the moment" type
>camera. Whereas a camera like the OM-4Ti is more of a "create the moment
>and capture it" type camera.

So, tell me--what can an OM-4Ti do that a Nikon F5 can't?  OTF flash?  Nikon
has a nice alternative that actually works.

Fact is, even the wonderbricks can be used by most anybody for most any
application.  The OMs, as terrific as they are are missing some basic
features of the "90's."  After all, how many of us would ever buy another
car WITHOUT airconditioning, or AM/FM/CD Radio, or bucket seats, or antilock
brakes, or rear-window defrost...  Sure, there are a few retro-grouches
among us who think that a '69 Beatle is the best car ever made, but I'll
take a new Mercedes M-Class, thank-you.  The heater works better.

Hmm.  When my OM-1 was made the "Rockford Files" was in first run.

Ken N.