Re: [OM] Q: OM-2n Functions

Subject: Re: [OM] Q: OM-2n Functions
From: "lion1" <c1000s@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:32:52 -0500
<<1) The "Check:Reset" setting clearly allows one to check the batteries.
What is "reset"?>>

To be used when batteries are replaced or when the film is advanced during
exposure.
Note * mirror will lock up if batteries are depleated.

<<2) The proper setting to achieve OTF/TTL flash is auto, I believe. I have
apparent success with my Vivitar 4600 with dedicated module for Olympus.>>

Note*I have been told to be sure that the 3rd party flash uses the right
voltage for the OM2n.

<<I'm curious as to what should happen if one uses the manual setting with
flash? >>

You should get full discharge.  Set the camera on Manual 1/60 or slower and
use the flashes guide number to calculate f stop or / and distance.

<<At 1/60 at F11 in auto I get a TTL flash exposure of such duration that
the
flash must recycle for about 5 seconds before the ready light is on. >>

Are you testing the flash TTL with no film in the camera?  If so it is
reading the pressure plate which is black.  This would, I believe give full
discharge.  Test the flash on full manual and see if the recycle time is the
same 5 seconds.

<< With the same settings but on manual, the flash requires almost no
recycling and
is instantly ready.  Why is this?>>

Do you mean manual or nonTTL auto?  On non TTL auto the flash will emit
sufficient light and then quench.  This will usually result in short recycle
time.

Best luck and enjoy the OM2.  It is a great camera.

Charlie Loeven