[OM] Q: OM-2n Functions

Subject: [OM] Q: OM-2n Functions
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 19:31:57 -0500
Oly Shooters:

I lack a manual for my OM-2n.

1) The "Check:Reset" setting clearly allows one to check the batteries.
What is "reset"?

2) The proper setting to achieve OTF/TTL flash is auto, I believe. I have
apparent success with my Vivitar 4600 with dedicated module for Olympus.

I'm curious as to what should happen if one uses the manual setting with
flash?

At 1/60 at F11 in auto I get a TTL flash exposure of such duration that the
flash must recycle for about 5 seconds before the ready light is on.  With
the same settings but on manual, the flash requires almost no recycling and
is instantly ready.  Why is this?

Thanks for any help with these questions.

Joel