Re: [OM] macro flashes

Subject: Re: [OM] macro flashes
From: "Richard Dale" <Richard_Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:34:51 +0000
Denton - many thanks.

Richard

My experience makes me wonder if in fact the manual is just flat-out wrong
in this case. On my 20mm, the T10 didn't work at all, while the T8 gave
beautiful results. The T8 emits the light straight up and around (at a
90deg angle from the lens axis) and bounces it into a reflector, which
curves the light into the subject. The T10 shines the light straight out.
In the case of the 20mm, the lens is too close to the subject to receive
any light from the T10. This is my experience anyway.
I don't have a cross-pol filter, although I have one on the way, and look
forward to figuring it out the old-fashioned way (shooting some film)...

Regards,

Denton Taylor