Re: [OM] Bounce flash usage

Subject: Re: [OM] Bounce flash usage
From: "Jim Terazawa" <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:54:20 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jim Terazawa)
Hi folks,

I am back after a few months of absence from this NG.  There have been
turmoils and excitements at our work place at Texas Instruments.  I am
still keeping my job, after all and for now..

I own the Bounce Grip2, along with T32 and F280 flashes.
The BG2 consists of two sections;

A) one is hand-grip that has a battery compartment for four C-cells and
   a universal-type flash mount with T32/T20 hot-shoe coctacts and power
   (3-pin) supply female connectors.  There is no need to have batteries
   in the T32 by itself if it used only with the hand-grip.

   There are another socket near the bottom of the hand-grip for TTL
   cord that enable you to connect to the OM SLR bodies (via appropriate
   connectors).

   Your assumption of connecting between the OM camera and the T32 flash
   via connectors (or directly to the connector socket of the OM3Ti,4,4Ti)
   and TTL cord are correct.  However, F280 requires separate cord called
   something called like F-cord(sorry, can't remember exactly what it is
   called).

B) Another section is the camera bracket.  Like described below, this part
   has a built-in PC cord that can be 'tucked' into a groove when not in
   use.  However, I never used this cord.

   Another feature of the bracket is that it has 'adjustable' slots for
   he camera body attachment.

I think the grip and the camera bracket sections being separate is a good
idea for the storage.  They are also quick to set up.

I am not sure why Oly did not design the F280 with external power supply
connector pins just like the T32/T20.  I see near the bottom of the unit has
a exact opening for the power supply pins just like the T32.

Regards,
Jim Terazawa