Re: [OM] Bounce flash usage

Subject: Re: [OM] Bounce flash usage
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 13:50:04 EDT
In a message dated 9/14/98 1:43:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< What I found is that unlike my old Sunpak (the one that I was using
 when all the pictures came out black even though the flash fired),
 the T32 only swivals in one direction to allow bounce flash.  If
 I am doing a horizontal shot, it has to be bounced off the ceiling,
 and if I am doing a vertical shot, it has to be bounced off the
 wall.  I found this to be quite limiting.  What do others think?
 Is there a simple solution to this?  Do I need a grip or what?
 Also do others use bounce flash often? >>

The "best" way to handle this is probably with the Bounce Grip 2. It not only
allows you to tilt and swivel the flash, but also provides additional power to
the flash via 4 "C" cells in the grip (quicker recycle times and more
flashes). If you're using an OM-1n, any flash bracket that has a PC cord and
hot shoe connection should work fine, albeit without use of the LED in the
finder.  To get use of the LED in the finder,  a TTL connector in the shoe
socket and a TTL cord would be necessary (these would be necessary with the
Bounce Grip as well). I use bounce flash fairly often (via the Bounce Grip 2
and T32 or T20).

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI