Re: [OM] Bounce flash usage

Subject: Re: [OM] Bounce flash usage
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:19:35 EDT
In a message dated 9/16/98 12:56:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Since I am new to all this fancy flash "group", I have some question about
 the TTL Cord and Bounce Grip 2.  Do I need anything else to connect the
 flash/grip to the camera (i.e., another cable perhaps) or is the grip
 complete all by itself?>>

The grip, flash, and TTL cord are all you need.

<< Does the grip work with an OM-1 or OM-1n?>>

Yes. For the OM-1 you use the standard PC cord built into the grip. The flash
only works in manual or "normal auto" mode. With the OM-1n, you can use the PC
cord, or if you use a TTL cord and put a TTL Connector 4(?) in the hot shoe
socket on the camera, you get the LED indications in the finder (flash
ready/exposure OK).

<<About the TTL Cord you mentioned, how does it connect to the camera, and
also
 does it work for an OM-1/OM-1n?>>

The TTL cord doesn't connect to an OM-1. With an OM-2 you screw a TTL
Connector 3 in the hot shoe socket. With an OM-1n or OM-2n you use the TTL
Connector 4. On an OM-2S, OM-3(Ti), or OM-4(Ti) there is a TTL connector on
the front of the camera

 <>

Yes, you can, with the exception of the OM-1. You need a TTL connector on the
camera to do this.

Hope this helps.

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI