Re: [OM] Digital OM-5?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital OM-5?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 14:27:46 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:

> I will also use DIGITAL for proofing and practice!  A digital film insert
> will satisfy my needs for practice following tennis balls, flying objects,
> race cars etc...
>
> Do I need a digital body for the above?  Nope, just an insert to replace the
> film--that's all.
>
> Ken N.

A digital film insert to replace the film is quite ideal, but seems that
with present technologies, it is hard to compare with a digital body.
>From technical point of view, the battery, memory, CCD ... all are
difficult to implement on a small insert not to mention the
communication between a conventional camera body and the digital film.
If for the same cost, I think a digital body will provide you much
better performance. Also, you will get some extra bonus such as 1/10000
shutter speed, LCD payback finder and removable memory.

C.H.Ling