Re: [OM] Digital OM-5?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital OM-5?
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 22:16:16 -0500
[clipped long dissertations on digital arrays vs our favorite films...]

The fact is, for me, a digital film insert will be the most important
addition I can make to my camera bag in the medium term.

I use Velvia for Landscapes and flowers...
I use Provia/Sensia for faster slide film needs...
I use E400 for faster yet slide film needs...
I use PPF and NHK for weddings...
I use Fuji 800 for sports work...
I will use DIGITAL for anything requiring instant or near instant
viewing/usage or that will only go into a digital medium at same as or lower
resolutions.  example:  Real-estate photographs...

I will also use DIGITAL for proofing and practice!  A digital film insert
will satisfy my needs for practice following tennis balls, flying objects,
race cars etc...

Do I need a digital body for the above?  Nope, just an insert to replace the
film--that's all.

Ken N.