Re: [OM] Re: new OM model

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: new OM model
From: "Robert R. Wastell" <rrw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 06:36:29 -0800
I agree Olympus seems not to encourage dealers to stock the OM-2000. Earlier
this year,  I was talking to the owner of one of the camera shops in town.
He had not even heard of the 2000; and this was well after Olympus had
released it in the US.  I explained about the Cosina/Olympus/Nikon
connection and he ordered some OM-2000s.

Last week when I talked to him I asked how the 2000 had sold. He said he was
pleased with the sales and liked having a manual body as a counterpoint to
the Canon and Pentax offerings in the same price range.

On the other hand, every time I go into another shop here, (former Kit's now
Ritz franchise) I ask to see the 2000. Invariably, the salesperson gives me
a blank look and asks "..is that an APS or digital model..".  Of course, the
staff of a large franchise store can't effect a change as readily as the
owner of a small shop; but you don't see a mention of an OM anything in the
Ritz catalogs I have seen.

If there is a point to this post, I guess I am sad to see Olympus apparently
wasting another opportunity.

Bob