Re: [OM] Re: new OM model

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: new OM model
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 17:31:58 +0200
Bradley,

You wrote:

> Just wanted to comment on the OM2000/Ritz-Kits thing. The reason the
> salesperson never heard of the OM2000 is because Daivid Ritz beleives we're
> ALL going to digital in the next few years. No more film. At least that's
> what their district managers are spouting. I know because I USED to work
> for them. So to them (I suppose), a manual camera is a step back towards
> the Stone Age :)

I don't think the digital will be that dominating in the next few years, in
fact I
think he doesn't know what he is talking about. I would call it a wild
speculation.The film producers are not having a problem of selling films because
people are moving into digital. People are using films just as much as ever, so
would say after what I have seen with my own eyes. To be honest, I don't know
ANY
who are using digital!

Manual cameras=backwards? No way! Again it is his opinion, just as this email
is my
opinion.
Some people are so fascinated and absorbed by the technology of today that they
think everything should be digital or computerized, and if it's not they think
it's
old fashioned.

> We DID get a used OM2000 in earlier this week and it sold the next day :)

Good to hear it sold that fast! The customer did not came back and complained
the
day after? No? Ahh, we can relax: another happy customer of the OM system! ;-)

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen

- Netscape Communicator user -