Re: [OM] long auto exposures

Subject: Re: [OM] long auto exposures
From: Chris Barker <cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 18:20:10 +0100
>    I've read of reciprocity failure, where film, when taken at long
>exposures, usually requires much more exposure then a meter calls for. I've
>learned that my Om2s can take auto exposed pictures at lengths of up to 2
>minutes, but wouldn't this be an incorrect exposure due to reciprocity?
>Should I see how long the camera takes the picture and then multiply this
>time for the specific film I'm using for the next shot? Thanks.

We discussed this about 6 weeks to 2 months ago I think.  We came to the
conclusion that we did not know what conclusion we should reach, but many
had some good ideas or information.  If you search on the brand new,
sparkly archives, you will be able to find the discussion.  "OTF" should
find the thread.

Chris