Re: [OM] Which camera?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which camera?
From: "Mark Hammons" <astair@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 22:45:51 -0500
---  Sorry about previous post -- part of message was deleted by mail
server.

>sort of skimmed over these messages but it occurs to me that if the most
>important part of a purchase decision is longevity, I might consider the
>folllowing:
>
>First and foremost, Leica M. And maybe not even the M6 (electronics). Maybe
>the M4, M42, or M4P. Which have already lasted 20 years.
>
>In SLR, I agree with the OM1.
>Regards,
>

>Denton Taylor

YEAH!!!  Another Olympus & Leica appreciator!!!  By the way, of the list,
I'd go with the M4 -- last "jewelry-like" M body and has the viewfinder
lines
for the 4 most common lenses -- 35, 50, 90, 135.  No meter?  We don't
need no steeenkin meters on rangefinders :^) ].

Im telling you guys (and gals) -- the ideal 35mm combo is the OM for SLRs
and the Leica M's or screwmounts for rangefinders!!!!

Mark H.