Re: [OM] Airport detectors

Subject: Re: [OM] Airport detectors
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 21:43:16 +0200
Winsor Crosby wrote:

> How about shielded film bags? Do they offer any protection? I used one
> about 2 years ago when I went to England. While I did not get any hand
> inspection the bag did not seem to cause any consternation. The bag was a
> cloth bag with what feels like about a half pound of foil interlining.

It may be worse than nothing. Assume that the bag shields the film, it
shows as a blank blob on the detector screen. The secuity officer will
be cautious and up the X-ray level to try to see if there is anything
dangerous inside, quite possibly passing way past any safe level for
the film.

> Winsor
>
> Winsor Crosby
> Long Beach, California
> mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx

Regards
Lars

--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> aka <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"