Re: [OM] Flipping my 50mm around

Subject: Re: [OM] Flipping my 50mm around
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 22:11:59 -0700
>Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 16:40:57 -0700
>From: "Red Rover" <red_rover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>...I decided to experiment with closeups by flipping my 50 1.8 around. I
>set my OM2s to auto, set my lens to whatever apeture I want, and hold the
>DOF preview button on the lens down while taking the shot. My question is
>this, since the mechanism which detects apeture setting is obviously no
>connected during this procedure, will the camera OTF metering still handle
>the shot?

YES! That's the beauty of the OTF metering system! I've played with lots of
things like this -- I mounted an enlarger lens onto an old reversing ring,
etc. You've effectively made your 50/1.8 auto into a "preset" lens, which
OTF metering handles just fine.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229