Re: [OM] OM4 and OM4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 and OM4Ti
From: Chris Barker <cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 07:12:32 +0100
>a second hand OM2sp is a superb choice but now he can buy a second
>hand OM4 for aprox $250. But I think OM4 had some important problems,
>but I can´t remember what kinda?
>- Drains batts???
>- Don´t have 5shoe like OM4Ti and you cant use f280
>Please I would be very pleased if some culd help me.

Some OM4s may have had a battery drain problem, but if your friend gets a
warranty that could be sorted out.  In addition, leaving the mode switch in
Manual prevented drain I understand.  I have an OM4 which I bought in 89
and it works beautifully.  The fast-synchronisation that you can get with
the OM4Ti & F280 is a bit of a bonus that I would never need.

Chris