Re: [OM] Olympus straps (was: OMitis and OM service in Australia)

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus straps (was: OMitis and OM service in Australia)
From: Chris Barker <cbarker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 06:15:49 +0100
>So are you sure the leatherette strap you found was authentic Olympus and
>not a "construction" by someone switching the shoulder pad?  Anyone else
>have a genuine Olympus leatherette strap?  Also, most of my straps are
>black, except for one which seemed to be very dark brown, anyone know how
>many different straps were made by Olympus?  Anyone care besides myself? :-)
>       -Dan

Dan

I bought a black OM1MD in 1979 in Germany which had a brown leatherette
strap with it.  Of course I did not regard it as cool then and I used a
wide cloth strap which my Mum bought me instead.  I think I may have
discarded the original in one of my many moves.

Chris

"The man who lives in the past is blind in one eye but the man who forgets
it is blind in both." Solzhenitsyn.