Re: [OM] Olympus straps

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus straps
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:47:42 -0500
At 02:13 PM 8/11/1998 -0500, Ken you wrote:
>This discussion of camera straps has me thinking (oh, no, dive for cover,
>he's thinking again!).  I have gone through my share of camera straps and
>have come to despise most of them.

Ken and all,

I have a OM system strap from the early '80s -- blue and white with
"Olympus" and "OM System" on it. Two inches broad and nearly like carrying
an OM flag.  Could also double as an athletic supporter, with minor
modifications (either to the strap or myself). I don't use it anymore (for
either purpose) because of the metal fasteners, buckles, and hooks.

I also hate straps, deeming them necessary only in situations in which one
is in danger of dropping the camera. With tripod and Lowepro Compact AW kit
full of OM-1's and lenses, I don't feel that I need straps on the cameras.
The OM-2's get straps because I hike with them and generally need to let
them dangle while changing lenses, filters, etc. For this purpose I've
settled on the Domke 1" and 1.5" camera straps.

Joel