Re: [OM] Olympus straps (was: OMitis and OM service in Australia)

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus straps (was: OMitis and OM service in Australia)
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:07:10 -0400
Some select early OM-1s came with real leather straps (a thin layer of leather
sewn around "strap material"),  turned up on a regular basis when we refurbished
returned dealer stock. The distinctive leather smell was a dead giveaway.  These
disappeared (in more ways than one) and were replaced  on the production line by
those rubbery ones.

John