Subject: Re: [OM] How to test "new" OM-4T

Subject: Subject: Re: [OM] How to test "new" OM-4T
From: KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 23:41:06 EDT
This is an interesting thread. I just got my  Sensia and Kodachromes back from
my trip to Greece and I am disappointed with the results of my OM2n. Too many
pictures appear very underexposed (dark, muddy). Most of my exposures were set
on Auto. (pictures from a bus and fast moving items are hard to get in Manual
mode).  Sooo, I am getting an OM4T for its spot metering.
It seems that the OM2N either  in need of calibration, the full screen auto
exposure is confusing me, or I need to set the exposure compensation at an ASA
other than the films recommended ASA.

Ed, great explanation of spot metering - maybe we can go more in depth.
Suppose I want to take a picture of someone's face against a bright sky - do I
just spot meter the face? Will this come out properly (and allow the sky to be
overexposed which is OK for this composition?) or do you meter on a neutral
density item?

Boy a few examples sure would help.

Ken M.