Re: [OM] Colour temperature?

Subject: Re: [OM] Colour temperature?
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 23:18:28 EDT
Hi Siri:

> I really want to learn more about this, cos it means I wouldn`t have to
>  bracket wildly the next time I do a colour (read: slide) shoot of a
>  concert, or some other place with artificial lighting. (Yes, I know I can
>  use an 80A or 80B filter, but concert lighting varies from cold blue to
>  warm red...)

Hard to say what types of lights would be used at a concert, but likely quartz
halogen.  They don't need filtering - they are near daylight.  The red and
blue filtering has nothing to do with color temperature - it is effect
lighting.  If you photograph under effect lighting, you get that effect on
film.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV