Re: [OM] Olympus Zuiko 35-105mm Zoom Quality

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Zuiko 35-105mm Zoom Quality
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 19:36:02 -0700

> << I was surprised to see in an earlier thread that the 35-105mm was actually
>  made for Zuiko by Tokina.  Not a concern though, because I am quite happy
>  with the lens. >>
>
> You did NOT see that.  You saw, "I belive" and "I think."
>  This lens is in my 1984 "The OM System Lens Handbook" as a part of the Zuiko
> system.  I think and  believe that there are some irresponsible rumour mongers
> on this group that should check their facts before posting.
> This is a very fine lens.
> Hope this helps
> Ed

Whoa, cool down Ed. Nobody has stated definitively that the 35-
105 is made by Tokina, nor have they been trying to mislead or
create rumours. As you mention, all the posts I recall say "I think."
And I think all these posts also agree that it is an excellent
performer. It's not a case of rumour mongering, just trying to
understand more of the OM system. Don't be so quick to accept
the Oly literature as fact, either. Do you really think the current 35-
70 and 70-210 "Zuikos" (with 52mm filter thread!) are made by
Olympus? I don't think so.

You are correct to point out that the Tokina rumour is not fact (and,
btw, the Kyocera rumour seems to be nearly as plausible...) as
this poster read into it. But rumour mongers??!? Naw, we're just
here to catch the next episode of "As the Focus Ring Turns"... ;-)