Re: [OM] T-28 Macro Twin Flash 1

Subject: Re: [OM] T-28 Macro Twin Flash 1
From: "John Petrush" <jfp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 22:12:01 -0400
First, a careful check of the To: line........

Good, now to address Neal's question.......

>Neal     Rockwell@xxxxxxxxxxx      from   Panama City, FL   wrote:

>I have two T-20's - can someone tell me if it would be possible to mount
>them on the bracket that holds the two T-28 Macro Twin Flash 1 units to
>the lens filter ring? If this ring has uses two regular accessory shoes
>to mount the twin flash units, I'm thinking I could order just the mount
>ring and thus have a handy and much less expensive dual macro flash
>setup. Any comments?

The twin T-28 mounting ring's accessory shoes are not hot - they just hold
the mounting foot of the flash.  Provided they are sturdy enough of support
the mass of a T-20, which I'm not so sure,  there is still the matter of
firing and controlling it (them).  With the appropriate set of TTL adapters,
cords, multi-connectors, and clever kitchen table engineering, I'm sure you
could make it work well for less than a T-power control unit and a twin T-28
setup.  Now, how are you gonna do the modeling lights......??????

John P

Double checking the To: line before clicking send.......