Re: [OM] T-28 Macro Twin Flash 1

Subject: Re: [OM] T-28 Macro Twin Flash 1
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 07:54:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998 rockwell@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have two T-20's - can someone tell me if it would be possible to mount
> them on the bracket that holds the two T-28 Macro Twin Flash 1 units to
> the lens filter ring? If this ring has uses two regular accessory shoes
> to mount the twin flash units, I'm thinking I could order just the mount
> ring and thus have a handy and much less expensive dual macro flash
> setup. Any comments?

    George Lepp makes a "Lepp II Macro bracket" that allows the
use of two flashes in such a fashion (can be placed close to the lens
or farther away), plus with its ballheads, it also allows all sorts
of angles of light on the subject for modeling. It also gives you
enough room so that if you wish you can use largish soffbox type
diffusers (and allows you to aim them as well), too. B&H sells
this for $110.50, stock # STBL2D. I borrowed one from a friend, and
while it is a fairly large & clumsy device, it allows control of
lighting as nothing else does. Plus, with the right OM connector,
I suppose you could retain the option of a shoe-mounted flash!

                                   *= Doris Fang =*