Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.

Subject: Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.
From: "**= Selena Goth =**" <selena_38c@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 11:28:25 CDT
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 23:30:09 -0400 (EDT)
>Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 23:30:08 -0400 (EDT)
>From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.

>On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, **= Selena Goth =** wrote:
>
>> Does anyone  have some favorite garden areas around the country to
>> visit?
>
>  The first one that comes to mind is Eureka Springs, a little
>Hillsborough County park near Tampa. On a weekday, you have the
>place to yourself, and I've never even been approached by any of
>the park staff.

I have never been to Tampa. Maybe I can get my better half to drive down
that way. Probably not. When he is not working he likes his leisure
time. Do you know of any places a little farther north nearer the state
line?

>  Selby Gardens in Sarasota is far larger, and has more variety
>of plants --- and crowds. I've always liked the Vizcaya Gardens
>in Miami not so much for specific plants (not that I am an expert
>in this field, I shoot plants purely for their beauty. There are
>real experts here on this subject!), but as a garden. Same with
>the Biltmore Mansion (Asheville, S.C.) and Fairchild Gardens in S.
>Miami. I always go to the big Botanical Gardens in Chicago, although
>it can get really steamy/stifling in the greenhouse parts.

Maybe one day to Chicago. I'd like to just jump in the jeep and take off
by myself one day, see the sites.

>> I recently spent a week at Pine Mountain, Georgia, at Callaway
>> Gardens. It was beautiful.
>
>  I must go sometime. It has been one of those things that gets
>bypassed on the way to somewhere else.

It is beautiful up there. It's also the only place I canget my husband
to go. We stay there with friends and he gets to go hunting. I am sure
you and your family would enjoy it.

>>  We spent a lot of time in raingear and some
>> of our photos are truly awful.
>
>  Why were they "awful" ?

They are awful for a lot of reasons. I look at the ones in the gallery
and am ashamed to even show them. It was overcast the whole time we were
there. I never found time to just be alone and try some of the tricks
and hints I've learned here in the list.

> We are striving to push harder. My dream
>> is to one day have a photo that will somehow compare to you experts.
>
>You will fulfill that dream before you know it, if you haven't already.
>We are all on the same path, don't worry about what anyone else is
>doing. Find your own way, and remember what the saint said: "All the
way
>to heaven is heaven".

Thank you Doris for these kind words.
Selena