Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.

Subject: Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 16:56:37 +1000
Snip of some good stuff from Matthew

> I think Shaw has a good point though that many fine images
>are made that emphasize the graphic element rather than the element of
>grandeur. I can't explain it but I find that when I'm tooling along in my
>Jeep or on a trail, such things usually leap out at me.

Great point. I've been trying to say "What do I like about this scene" and
photograph just that.
In John Shaw's landscape book he says to describe you photo. If it takes a
paragraph, it's too much. A sentence is good, a phrase great and one work
excellent (my paraphrase). I try to take one photo without bracketting etc,
just to focus more closely on what I'm doing. This unfortunately means I
take less photos. But I think I'm getting better. The list info helps heaps.

Foxy