[OM] For Sale

Subject: [OM] For Sale
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 15:48:55 -0700
OK gang, I've got a bunch of stuff to sell and I want to give list members first
crack.  I'm using B&H cosmetic grading system and am pricing below their
prices. The
grading is mainly for exterior looks. If glass condition is different, it is
described separately.  All prices plus a bit for shipping and insurance, and
there's
a money-back guarantee if not satisfied. I'm not usually a seller, so I want
folks to
be happy and am trying to keep prices in line.

I believe there are some bargains here if functionality is more important than
looks.
And there are 3 really nice lenses in & out.

First, the collectors editions:

 * Zuiko 21/3.5     (9+)                         $275.00        S/N 116xxx
With original hard case. Not MC, but sharp wide open edge-to-edge. Beautiful
condition. Glass perfect.

 * Zuiko 50 F/1.2  (9)                           $250.00.     S/N 109xxx
Extremely sharp lens at f/4 up. Has very slight ding in filter mount, but
filters
still screw in. This ding was from a drop last year (filter on front absorbed
the
impact, mostly). Just to be safe, I had Oly service after drop and all's well.
Really
pretty lens. Glass beautiful  I'm original owner.

  * Zuiko 300 F.4.5  (9+)                       $395.00    S/N 145xxx
This lens is beautiful.  Comes with original hard case. I'm original owner.
Great,
sharp lens.

* Tokina 2X for OM  (9-)                 $  20.00
Glass is like new. Might make a good extension tube!

Now, the beauty-is-only-skin-deep stuff:  If you just wanna take pictures and
don't
care how good your equip looks while doin it, buy this stuff for the glass.
These are
NOT cherry and are I hope priced accordingly.

* Zuiko 50 F/1.2     (8-)                        $175.00.    S/N 109xxx
(Awaiting Sold confirmation)
The exterior of this lens shows some wear, especially at rear flange, but glass
 is
good.

 * Zuiko 85 F/2       (7-)                        $135.00.     S/N 102xxx
Exterior shows wear, chroming on aperture ring, flange shows lots of use. Rear
element has a few cleaning-mark-type very slight scratches. Does not appear to
be MC
( I see purple, yellow and cream)

 * Zuiko 100 F/2      (7)                         $275.00     S/N 104xxx
Exterior wear: chroming, several tiny nicks, flange shows wear. Glass is good
outside, but buyer may want to have need inside cleaned.

* Zuiko 300 F/4.5    (6)                         $200.00     S/N 126xxx
Exterior is well-worn: chroming, nicks, DOF scale damaged by tripod collar,
which is
a mess in itself, real ugly but it works. BUT the glass is fine. There is no
front
cap, but I'll ship with a UV filter and Cokin filter adapter. If you want this
focal
length, how can you beat this price?

And finally, some less-than-perfect but cheap bodies.

 * OM-1n  CHR        (8+)             $ 75.00  S/N 1846xxx          (Awaiting
Sold
confirmation)
Camera looks darn good. Few paint chips off back is all. BUT, meter is INOP and
could
use new foam (I'll include a genuine PvT foam kit).

I'm only going to sell one of the following 2 cameras, I don't care which.
Whichever
is left, I'll use for a go anywhere in any conditions I don't care if it gets
banged
cause it's already ugly camera. Suggest buyer of the other plan to use it the
same
way.

* OM-4                (7-)                        $250.00    S/N 1028xxx
Everything works. Camera shows lots of use, especially on the bottom plate.
It's
mostly brass.  But with a new bottom plate, this thing would look pretty good.
There
is some brassing on the top plate and a bit on the self timer. The white
lettering is
gone. The back is ugly. But everything works.

* OM-4T                (6)                       $250.00     S/N 1111xxx
This camera is REALLY UGLY and the flash connector on front is bent. Someone
tried to
paint the titanium black and found out how tough that is to do. Titanium
'paint' is
all blotched up from cleaning attempts. Looks like it's been in a fire.  What
personality!  And proof of Oly toughness! Did I mention  it's ugly?  But if all
you
want is a working 4T...

Also: Nikon FE-2    (9-)             $200     Clean. All works except film
advance
can move w/o shutter trip
        Nikon 55 F/2.8 micro (9-)   $150.    Nice lens. recently cleaned.
        Nikon DR-3 focusing magnifier (9) $65.00
        Nikon SB-18 speedlight (9-)           $65.00

george