[OM] Selling photos - getting a start

Subject: [OM] Selling photos - getting a start
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 19:38:18 -0700
As I begin to shoot more and notice the increasing cost of film, developing,
etc,
I can't help also notice that many professional photos I see are of
questionable
quality. (the recent cover on American Photo of Princess Diana is a good
example - anyone could have taken this shot, and I for one would not be proud
of it - it's not even in focus!)

Now before the pros on the list roast me over the BBQ, I don't mean to belittle
the work involved in becoming a full time professional, or a struggling artist.
It's
just that I think some of my shots, not a lot maybe, but some, could sell, if I
knew how to do it. If I could generate just a bit of income to allow me to
explore
a bit, I'd be happy.

As it stands, my last two weeks of shooting (10 rolls) set me back close to
$200, even more if I'd had them printed at the local pro shop. With a 2nd baby
on the way, I need to either cut back, or make it pay somehow.

Surely I'm not the only one who's thought of this, or tried this, or is already
doing this? Thoughts, anyone? (and if I'm nuts, tell me so, I can take it...)

Thx.