Re: [OM] Velvia speed?

Subject: Re: [OM] Velvia speed?
From: Jim Loudon <jloudon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 09:09:46 -0400
I normally shoot Velvia at 50.  It looks
_great_ projected up there on the screen.

However...

The transparencies seem difficult to scan
properly (the best way to describe this is
that they would be considered "dense" if I
were trying to print them in the traditional
manner using an enlarger).  I also shoot a
fair amount of high speed color negative
stock (also Fuji) which, in comparison, is
a breeze to scan.  FWIW, the scanner in
question is the original Nikon Coolscan
(yeah, I know :-) ).

I'm really beginning to think I need to
give this stuff a little more exposure
if I know the image is ultimately headed
for the scanner.

jim

who used to set the ISO dial at 80
in his K64 days...