Re: [OM] Stones pictures: sOMe girls like it hot...

Subject: Re: [OM] Stones pictures: sOMe girls like it hot...
From: Bob Christopher <bc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 17:52:19 -0600
I have to agree with Ken on this one. What most people don't
realize is that the performers don't always "own" their
material. John Fogerty is a perfect example. Here's a guy
who made and lost millions with CCR in the 60's an 70's
and ended up having to sell all his song rights, then had
to perform for years just to satisfy contract committments.

Like Billy Joel once said, "No one comes out of this business whole."
The merchandizing end of the business is what keeps it going.
It certainly ain't the music these days. Uh, oh, I'm letting
my age show!

BC