Re: [OM] Stones pictures: sOMe girls like it hot...

Subject: Re: [OM] Stones pictures: sOMe girls like it hot...
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 10:16:32 -0800
Hans "the name is Bond. Hans Bond" wrote:

[snip a fascinating account of daredevil adventures at a Stones concert]

Hans, you criminal!!!  You make us soooooooo proud... [sniff]

A few OM comments:

First, I'd probably choose for the task an OM-4 body, set it in
Auto mode, and fire away.  In my experience, the OM-4 exposure
automation is so dead-on, esp. with print film, that I'd feel
very confident to rely on it even in such unique circumstances.

Second, here is yet another testimony of a Tokina lens working
really well with the Olympus 1.4X-A TC. Moreover, this particular
off-brand seems to work reasonably ok even with the 2X-A TC (see
my forthcoming test report on long teles vs the Solid CAT). IMHO,
this cannot be a mere coincidence, and so I must conclude that
this compatibility with OEM TC's is a part of Tokina's design
philosophy.  (Just to remind everyone: I DON'T work for Tokina).

Finally, a question to Hans: man, what were you smoking? :-)

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx