Re: [OM] Stones pictures: sOMe girls like it hot...

Subject: Re: [OM] Stones pictures: sOMe girls like it hot...
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 04:56:10 -0400
Gary Schloss wrote:

>First, I'd probably choose for the task an OM-4 body, set it in
>Auto mode, and fire away.  In my experience, the OM-4 exposure
>automation is so dead-on, esp. with print film, that I'd feel
>very confident to rely on it even in such unique circumstances.

I only trust Auto mode on concert shooting if I can get close enough to
frame the artists. The 280 mm focal length was way to short on this
occasion and there was no way to come closer (unless I would have
bought field tickets and would be prepared to settle in front of the
stadium a few hours before the start of the concert - I'm not that
phanatic; besides if I would stand in front I certainly would have been
caught). All Auto mode would have registered, is the overall effect of
the light show. Artists standing in spotlights would constantly have
been burnt out. Besides, I would trust Auto mode only with a way faster
film; I felt the 800 and 1600 ASA still being a few stops too slow when
the light show was not at its brightest: you don't want the shutter sp
eed to drop below 1/250 with such a long lens; the stringpod
construction is not that reliable; besides Mick Jagger hardly stands
still on stage.

>Finally, a question to Hans: man, what were you smoking? :-)

I don't need yet another drug; I already suffer enough from
Zuikohololism and Olympadictism  :-(

"You can't always get wat you want. But if you try, sometimes, you get
what you need."

Hans